Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to get notifications about new articles, events, and more.
- The Idea Idearum in Newman and BouyerBy Keith LemnaDecember 16, 2021An important theological theme in the Christian tradition is that of the divine ideas or logoi in the mind or Word of God by which God knows and loves in himself eternally all the ways that creatures can or do participate in a living likeness of him. […]
- Pusey House, Oxford Joins NINS Digital CollectionsBy Jessica WoodwardDecember 8, 2021For readers who are interested in using the Pusey House collections for their research, here is an overview of what we have. Only original materials have been digitized, so the digital collection is slightly smaller than the physical one, but every authentic Newman item we have should now be accessible online. […]
- Catholic Devotion to the Mother of God: What Newman’s Letter to Pusey (1866) tells us about Mariology and Marian PietyBy Robert M. AndrewsDecember 1, 2021Pusey’s appraisal of Mariology—a polemic containing a mixture of historical, theological and anecdotal evidence—was, on the whole, untrue and mostly a caricature; yet as Newman would be forced to admit in his formal published reply to Pusey in 1866, the Letter to Pusey, there was partial veracity to his claim that at times Mariology, in some of its devotional outpourings, has obscured devotion to God, especially God’s loving mediation brought to humanity through the Incarnation. […]
- The Spanish Edition of Newman’s Letter to PuseyBy Rubén Peretó RivasNovember 24, 2021Newman’s influence is not relegated to the English-speaking world only; rather, it can be seen in the Spanish-speaking world as well. […]
- Ecclesiology in Newman’s Sermons, 1825–1835By Pablo BlancoOctober 29, 2021The cumulative effect of the theological debates at Oxford, together with his pastoral experience and personal reflections, gradually led Newman to a more high church ecclesiological approach, especially on visibility, invisibility, and apostolicity of the church. […]
historical profile digital collections prayer Grammar of Assent correspondence reception of Newman conversion Truth technology Rome Pusey faith suffering reflections review sexual abuse crisis Idea of a University Apologia Pro Vita Sua COVID-19 tria munera Via Media spirituality hermeneutics canonization pandemic Philosophy biography development classes corruption sermons book review Anglican liturgy Vatican II holiness preaching rhetoric sin memoirs devotional Lent education suffering Church certainty