Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to get notifications about new articles, events, and more.
- John Henry Newman’s Pandemic Ministry: A Balm for the BereavedBy Peter ConleyMay 5, 2021Newman ministered to the sick and dying cholera victims and their families in Oxford, Birmingham, and Bilston. […]
- John Henry Newman’s Second Journey to Rome: 1846-1847By Elizabeth HuddlestonApril 29, 2021In 1846 Newman traveled to Rome a second time, specifically for his seminary studies in preparation for his ordination as a Catholic priest. […]
- Reading Newman Philosophically: An Integrative ExerciseBy Frederick D. AquinoApril 8, 2021This article argues that Newman’s notion of a philosophical habit of mind can provide a helpful conceptual framework for navigating conversations about reading, appropriating, and extending his philosophical thought. […]
- “Telling Stories that Matter”: Reading Marvin O’Connell’s MemoirsBy Elizabeth HuddlestonMarch 29, 2021The book, Telling Stories that Matter: Memoirs & Essays, is comprised of O’Connell’s late-in-life memoirs of how he became interested in the academic study of history, as well as some of his shorter essays and book reviews. […]
- 12 Ways to Supercharge Your Research with NINS Digital CollectionsBy Danny MichaelsMarch 26, 2021Let’s face it, historical and theological research is complex. The dizzying array of technical tools and resources at our disposal can be overwhelming. […]
Philosophy Lent biography education COVID-19 historical profile Philip Neri Via Media devotional spirituality Rome preaching prayer development wealth technology reception of Newman reflections Dream of Gerontius sermons liturgy classes Idea of a University certainty holiness correspondence book review Grammar of Assent hermeneutics Anglican memoirs tria munera digital collections high school sin pandemic music money review canonization Truth suffering Apologia Pro Vita Sua conversion Littlemore